Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eleven Today

My man

What a thing to think about.

To be the sole woman in his life.

To know I am safe.

To know I am cherished.

To know I am more than enough.

To be the one that he thinks about while he is away.

To be the one he loves in a way he loves no one else in this world....for real. He isn't just saying it. He is walking it out daily.

To be the one who is unique to him.

To be the one who gets to walk the hard stuff out with him.

To be the one who is allowed into those vulnerable places of fear and maybe even doubt.

To be the one he calls home.

To be the one that has somehow, despite my flesh, allowed God to use me to give him the reassurance in his heart that I will never give up on him.

To be the one who believes in him.

To be the one who gets to walk with him as we change the legacy for our children.

To be the one who laughs with him over really stupid things.

To be the one who gets to cry with him.

To be the one who catches his eye and knows, just simply knows, that he really sees me.

To be the one who rests in his arms every night, falling asleep in the safest place I know.

To be the one that he wants to take care of, along with our children.

To be the one he desires.

To be the one that he stuck it out for, despite all odds.

To be the one who has walked a path of sorrow with him that is now turning into a path of joy.

Happy anniversary, Steve. My life is better because of you. Thank you for truly loving me.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm proud of him, too. I'm also very proud of you and grateful that you are such a perfect mate for my son.

Unknown said...

That was SO beautiful Shellie! I could not think of a more beautiful tribute on your anniversary. You guys are obviously so blessed to have each other and God obviously loved you both so much to give you guys to each other as a "gift". What you guys have is REAL. I pray that God uses it for all of His glory and that others will be drawn to Christ because of it!