Friday, March 11, 2011


"There is a word that hasn't been given yet. It will describe another piece of my heart. A piece I am not quite sure of yet, but I know that when I think of that place in my heart and think of that unknown word, my heart feels completely vulnerable. I simply and complexly can't wait to meet him. He will have a word for me too. I wonder what it will be. It will describe me. When he says it, he will know exactly what he means, exactly who it describes. His grandma. And you know exactly what I mean by that one simple word."
A friend of mine said she had been reading my blog, and since I haven't written in forever, I decided to go back and read some of my posts. I ran across this. My eyes were already blurry because I love reading my heart; where I have been, where I am going, where I am right now. I write for me, and I am so glad I do. I don't want to forget what lives in me.

But, when I got to this, I could no longer see the screen. I still can't very well. Now that I know this little person, my heart has been changed once again to a degree I can't explain. He made me a grandma...a gamma actually. That is my name, and oh how I love it. It no longer describes a little old lady. It describes me and my relationship with an amazing little person who has stolen a chunk of my heart. Actually he didn't steal it. I gave it to him. I am smitten.

1 comment:

Mumsey said...

Its pulling the gems out of your bag of hope