Tuesday, September 07, 2010

WORDS

Sometimes I feel like an impostor who thinks she is a writer. But in reality, I absolutely love words. They paint a clearer picture of something for me than an actual picture. Words are simple. Words are complex at the exact same moment as simple. That is impressive.

The other day I was asked by someone to help make a project that describes all the things that they love and things they want to accomplish. He said he wanted a picture of Jesus with scripture that spoke to his heart surrounding the picture. In my mind I just saw the word JESUS written out. Much clearer. Much more descriptive. Much more impacting. No room for imagination in the written form. He just is who He is. Simple. Complex.

I have been looking at my walls the last few days. I have lots of pictures of meaningful places and people I love. But, I realized that I have words on my walls. Lots of them.

Home
Family
Faith

These words describe why I live. Why I breath. Without these things, I wouldn't be who I am.

Peace
Patience
Self Control
Gentleness
Kindness
Joy
Goodness
Love
Faithfulness

I want to be described as having these traits.

Purity
Understanding
Truthful Speech
Righteousness
Sincere Love

I ran across these words today. I loved them. I am going to add them to my walls. I need reminders right in front of my face of who I am and what I want to become.

Steve
Tiffani
Coral
Lindsey
Amanda
Ian
Evan
Ryan
Jeremiah

When I see these words, my mind has clarity of who and what they describe. These words bring tears to my eyes because these are full words. Words that describe whole people. Not one place or time as in a picture, but a whole lifetime. Individually they are unique. All together they are my family. They describe my heart.

There is a word that hasn't been given yet. It will describe another piece of my heart. A piece I am not quite sure of yet, but I know that when I think of that place in my heart and think of that unknown word, my heart feels completely vulnerable. I simply and complexly can't wait to meet him. He will have a word for me too. I wonder what it will be. It will describe me. When he says it, he will know exactly what he means, exactly who it describes. His grandma. And you know exactly what I mean by that one simple word.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet Shellie

Blessings to you
Sue

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. With the arrival of this little guy, you will begin a new phase in your life, and it will be wonderful. I know. I've done it 10 times. And almost three times with greats.

Arlene

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Mumsey said...

A totally new meaning of who you are.
Number three is on its way for me.

im always here said...

for some reason that made me cry i love you so much. and i love your words. you are amazing

Unknown said...

LOVE is the word i describe for how i feel about that post. And he is going to be the luckiest grand baby boy in the enire world. :)
(thanks for the ideas, too i need more "words" in my home!)