Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day, Wanda Mae!

My Mama has always been my hero (even when I was 16 and didn't know it). She is an amazing women. I have never meet anyone who works harder or strives to be the best that she can be. Despite the bumps in the road she has faced my mother has persevered and succeeded in too many areas to mention today, but here are a few. My mom has cerebral palsy, and despite that she married a man that could be described as nothing less than the normal red blooded American white male. That of course is an accomplishment all by itself. Not only did she marry him, but she has stayed married to him. They just celebrate their 39th wedding anniversary, May 10. This is a pretty amazing accomplishment in today's culture. Her love for my dad is a shinning example of how a woman should love her husband, and her dedication to him is worth mentioning. I thank her for the example she has given me as a wife, and I can only hope to do it as well as she has. She had three healthy, wonderfully talented children of which I am proudly the eldest...And that is starting to mean something these days...Eldest. She raised us to love Jesus, be respectful of those around us, and gave us all an amazing work ethic. She loves us all unconditionally. For example she didn't kill us or stick us in a barrel and plug up the hole when we were teenagers. Coming from a mother of 4 teenage daughters...WOW! She loves our spouses and children in a very comforting way. Even though my mom lives far away from her kids and grandkids there is a security that if we ever needed her she would be on a plane and be here as quickly as her little legs could carry her. There are no words to tell you how much I love and respect my mother. All I can say is I love her and thank her for the past 38 years. Without her I would not have life.

No comments: