Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22

I remember the first time I saw you. We had waited for so long to meet you. Your daddy had a most amazing look on his face. He was so proud of you! You were lying next to your mommy with her arm tucked around you.She looked perfect. You made her a mommy and her face was filled with peace. I was amazed. Simply amazed by you and by them. Of course, I had felt an intense love towards the babies I had given birth to, so it struck me that I could feel such an intense love towards someone I had never met before. You captured my heart with your sweet little face, your dimpled chin, and your head of black hair just like your mommy's. I wanted to hold you forever. When I was driving back to the hospital that morning when the sun came up, a morning very similar to this morning, I was struck by how new the world felt to me. It was a gorgeous first day to be alive. The leaves were turning, the sky was blue. The contrast in colors was simply beautiful. And, there was a place in my heart that was new and beautiful to me as well. I had no idea how much I would love you, but you my precious little grandson, have stolen my heart. As I sit here, with tears running down my face, the memories of one year are filling my heart. I love that you love me unconditionally. I love that when you see me you smile so very very big. I love that you want me to hold you. I love watching you walk, talk, laugh, squeal, and ask me for bites by smacking your cute little lips. I love that you trust me. I love that you laugh at me. Watching how safe you are fills my heart. Your parents are amazing. Watching them love you and take care of you brings such peace to my heart. You are blessed beyond measure to have been born their son. I am thankful you are safe. My Sweet Little Finny, please always remember that you are loved by your mommy and daddy, your grandmas and grandpas, your aunties and uncles, and that God has a purpose and a plan for your life that He put in place before you were even made. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Every precious part of you. I can't wait to share more time with you and create more memories with you. I love you bigger than the world, Gamma

2 comments:

hotelsdiscount said...

nice posting...

Anonymous said...

GOsh I have read this so many times and still cry. What a amazing job god did. What a perfect little boy
Tiff