Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Toddlers or Teenagers?



Days like today make my mind whirl. What stage of life am I in anyway? Am I the mother of toddlers or teenagers?

Today was Ian's four year old check up. This was a NEW experience in that he growled at me. He did NOT want to do this so he growled, hid, cried, and everything else he could do to try and escape the perils of the doctor's office. And then to top it off I was a meano because I let them stick him twice...Sniff Sniff. I won't ever get use to that.

After that I took Coral to get her license. She passed, 86%, but the stress leading up to this moment was monumental. But, I now have freedom that I have never had before. I can send her to the store, post office, bank, and she will beg to do it for me. Yea!
Freedom, Freedom...Can you hear the music?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cool! Ya know, I didn't even think about the whole, they can run the errands for me! Congrats, Shellie! Missy

*Tanyetta* said...

Hi, I found your blog through crazy hip blog mamas!

So glad I did. I have a teenager and a toddler too! Yeahhh fun times. You've hit the nail right on the head, there's freedom when they get their license. The first year, she will BEG you to do errands, etc...The next year, she'll beg you NOT to have to do them. LOL--I love it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I had my three close together because I was 15 when my only sibling was born and I have always felt like I am more his mama than his sister.

Having three close together was crazy!!!

When I was growing up, people used to think I was my Dad's teenage bride when we'd go places as a family because I always doted on my little brother. Now when I go places w/ my little brother, they wonder if I'm the grandma.

Yea, I got to drive the car to do the grocery store shopping and buy the baby food jars en masse.

Came here because I read you get excited about comments. Probably not these long ones, though!!!!