Sunday, November 12, 2006

Broken Computers and Black Paint

I made it.

About a week ago my computer started having so many pop-ups that I couldn't do anything but close pop-ups. This was stressful. I am addicted to my computer like you guys. I use it for everything I can think of to use it for. I love it. I never thought I would, but I do. So, you can imagine what this tragedy was like for me. I had someone come over and work on it, but frankly that thing has been giving me so much trouble for about three years that I couldn't bare it any longer. I took a giant step. I am married to Mr. Frugal. I am glad that I am married to this man, but there are times when one must step off a "cliff" and take a risk. So, I asked him if we could, gulp, get a new computer. He didn't even flinch really. He didn't stare off into some distant black hole of disbelief that his wife had asked him for such a thing. He said...Yes.

Now, I am not trying to make my husband out to be stingy. This is definitely not the case. He just doesn't like spending over $3.59 per shopping spree. I drive him crazy because on Sunday mornings I want to buy a latte' at church rather than having his specialty "Starbucks" drink at home in a melted to go plastic coffee cup. I like the sleeve. I really like the sleeve. I know, I am weird, and little weird things make me happy.

But, back to the computer. Guess what I am writing this blog entry on? A computer that works, that doesn't shut down on me every few minutes. There are no pop-ups! Anywhere! It is beautiful. It is wonderful.

I love my husband. I love my computer. I am at peace with my world. My two year old is ASLEEP!

Just wait until I catch up on the Two Year Old Chronicles.....Here is a little hint for you. What can a two year old do with a gallon of BLACK outdoor trim paint, a marker, and shaving cream all in one day? Here is another hint. It involves carpet, dining room tables, and walls. I dare you to guess...No cheating. If I called you crying because I am blessed with an active two year old, you can't guess. Please, just remember that I do watch my son. I know you don't believe me, but I do. I freak when I can't hear him. Two days ago Steve didn't hear him because he had fallen asleep on the stairs....My son, My son....Adorable Thankfully...

2 comments:

SnowWhite said...

all is well with the world once again, then the kids go haywire and omg I can't even begin to guess what he did lol, but I bet it was fun to cean up right lol. My little Jonah here is running over to the tv putting it on a fuzzy channel then running to me shouting save me and he thinks this game is great, kids what would we do without them
xx
shona

Anonymous said...

I want every one to know that it's $3.59 per person. And the home made latte is made with love and not some impersonal commercial grade steam spewing espresso maker.