Friday, May 25, 2007

The Little Bundle At The Lincoln Memorial

I still remember that little bundle sitting in my great aunt's arms while we were sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. That is my first memory of her. Then they start to come to mind much easier. Dropping the bundle on her head because we wanted her to be our dolly, eating liver snaps at the fence with her when the neighbors walked by~yum, sliding down hills and building tepees out of long sticks we found on one of our outings. Playing and surviving on the river. Too many to count. Most good, some regretful, but always unquestionably filled with unconditional love.

She is one of my best friends, one of my closest listeners, someone who can make me laugh until my blood vessels in my face break. She's my little sister, and I am so thankful that God saw that it would be good to make us family.

Happy Birthday, Stephy.

I love you.

No comments: