Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Power of a Beard

Steve grew a beard. I can't believe I didn't take a picture for you to see, but it was very manly. Ian kept asking for him to shave it, but Evan liked it. So, today when he cut it off this is how it went as Evan coward against me trying to get as far away from Steve as possible.
Evan, "You don't have a mustache so you are not a daddy anymore."
Steve, "I am not a daddy anymore?"
Evan, "No, we need to get a new daddy."
Me because I like to plant negative ideas in my children's heads, "Do you still like daddy."
Evan, "No!"

Fortunately, an hour later he realized Steve was still his daddy and let him brush his teeth and put him to bed. Thank goodness. I would have hated to be a single mother at bedtime.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

How about a compromise? Steve's beard grows so fast, he could shave every day for a week so Ian could have his beardless daddy. Then Steve could stop shaving for a week so Evan could have his hairy daddy.

And so on and so on...