Friday, September 12, 2008

You know you should shave your legs when...

I am homeschooling Ian. It is going well. Really well. I feel like he is really learning stuff, doing things his thinking-for-himself way, coloring thoroughly, taking his articulated time. Evan likes to sit on my lap and squirm and ask me questions and squirm and try to grab the scissors and try to color on something he shouldn't. Today he was squirming on my lap. He must have tried to catch himself or something and grabbed my leg. All of a sudden in a most expressive excited voice, he stated, "Mommy!!!! You are turning into a daddy."

I shaved my legs in the sink a few minutes later...


The other big event of the day happened while I was at Amanda's school exchanging something I bought at the book fair last night. Amazing how some things just seem to work out, but as I was standing in the library, my phone rang. It was the number for the school district. It was the nurse from her school. Amanda had been playing ball at recess. Someone threw a ball, and it hit her in the side of the head. Ouch? Yes, that would hurt and maybe stun, but the real shock came when the other side of her head slammed into the brick wall she was standing next to. Needless to say, she needed her mommy, and I WAS THERE! Yipee. Something made easier in the day. She came home and rested and seems to be on the mend. She will be playing soccer tomorrow, so I think she will be fine. When she was getting in the car, Ian was so excited because he and his sister had hit their heads hard in the same day. He has a nice knot also from standing in a box and tipping over, hitting his head on the handle of the cabinet. Blood and everything. And this day was pretty normal....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a crazy day. Glad everyone is doing ok and it's life as usual.

Love you guys,
-Krista