Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekly Questions

Every week Ian's teacher asks the students a question, and they email him their answer, and then he responds back to them. Here is this weeks question, answer, and reply.

We all need help from time to time. What do you do to help others out?

Dear Mr. D,
I help my mom clean up our playroom, the downstairs, and the backyard. I play with my brother when my mom does her school. I help take care of my kitten by feeding it, playing with it, and putting it to bed. I also help with my brother's kitten by making him not swing it by its arms. He is four and doesn't always know what to do. His name is Evan.
From Ian

Ian:
You sound like a handy guy to have around. I'm sure your mom, Evan, and the kitten all appreciate your help. ;-)
Have a great weekend.
Mr. D

_____________
What is your favorite outside sport.

Dear Mr. D,
My favorite outside sport is baseball because it is fun. It is fun because it has sliding and running.
Ian

Ian:
I agree. Sliding and running are fun. I think I'll head outside and do some right now.
Thanks!
Mr. D
____________
What is your favorite room in your house?

Dear Mr. D,
My favorite room in my house is the playroom because it has Legos in it.
Ian

Ian:
You are lucky to have a playroom to keep all of your toys in. Legos are really cool. I know because I spent many hours helping my grandson build things out of the thousands of pieces he has. My favorite thing to build is a castle.
Thanks for sharing.
Mr. D
___________________
What signs of fall do you hear, taste, smell, feel, or see outside?

Dear Mr. D,
The signs of fall I see outside are the leaves are falling, and the trees are going to sleep for the winter. The ground is getting muddy, and the pumpkins are ready. I get to taste pumpkin seeds.
Ian

Ian:
You have made some excellent observations using several of your senses. I don't know about you, but I think Fall is my favorite time of the year. I like to go out where the air is colder, then come inside and turn the heater on to feel the warmth. I like roasted pumpkin seeds, too, but I like pumpkin pie even better!Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Mr. D
________________________
If you could go to outer space or the deepest part of the ocean, which would you choose?

Dear Mr. D,
I would go to the deepest sea because there are animals there that you can't see at the zoo. I could see clams that are open. That would be really neat. A hammerhead shark would look kind of cool because they have small mouths and really small, sharp teeth.
Ian

Ian:
I agree that the ocean has a lot of very interesting and unusual things to look at. I have never been very deep in the ocean, but I have seen some very colorful and strange looking creatures just snorkeling.
Thanks for sharing!
Mr. D
*************************************
Every week I envision his teacher getting his email from Ian. I wonder if he smiles when he reads it. His answers are adorable. I will try to post them every week. They make me smile.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

This kid is a real thinker. Does he type his own responses too?