Sunday, July 23, 2006

No Vouchers Please!

Let us just say that I would rather have open heart surgery, a knee replacement, give birth to triplets~all at once, or any other horrifying experience then ever step on an Amtrak train again. Please don't think I am minimizing all of your experiences. I just want to make sure you understand how miserable this was. We start out only about an hour late. I can handle that. I get everyone situated, and it seems like it is going to be fun....Really it did. The kids were playing cards and eating all the wonderful snacks their mommy had packed with care for them....Fast track to 26 hours later. Guess where we are...I dare you! Sacramento. Just in case you don't know...That is one slow movin' train, and to top it off we were told that we would be arriving in LA about oh ten hours late or so. Hello...I just slept on a train with a very grumpy lady that didn't like babies seated across from me, and you want me to do that again!!! I DON'T THINK SO! Can you imagine arriving in LA at about oh, 3-9 AM-somewhere around there they said, hailing a cab which you have not done before, then checking into a hotel that you have to pay full price for. WHAT! Alamo rental car....Here we come.
So, we deboarded the train, got a rental car, went to my sister's house, got in the pool, drank a Carona with lime in the light of the pool, and smiled because we would never have to get on another train in our life as long as we live in this free country. Yea Ha!
So needless to say, I would not make a good Amtrak spokesperson. Much to my delight they will be sending me vouchers for my trouble. Wow! Really! Vouchers! Can I please have eight vouchers so I can get back on your delightful train and puke my guts out. Are you getting what I am saying here? Never ride an Amtrak train with six kids and a husband who has to sleep with a C-Pap machine to keep from dieing in his sleep. NEVER!!!!
Fast track to Monday around 4:00PM. I am in LA two blocks from the Happiest Place on Earth with people that I adore, a pool, and a rental car. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY SHELLIE! It was a great trip. I will tell you about the rest of the trip later which was a blast. But I just wanted to warn you quick before you went out and spent a bunch of money on train tickets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't need the c-pap machine to keep from dieing, Just to keep from snoring.
Other than that the train was that bad!

Shellie said...

So, I am a little dramatic tonight. Just a little, though!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that you are all home alive....and that you can write outside of incarceration~due to that the fact that you withheld killing or seriously injuring any Amtrak personnel...I'm very proud of you!! Please be assured I will not be purchasing any train tickets in the near future. I'm glad you are home...I missed you guys! Turtle(Shawn) missed the cowboys, too!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you had the energy to blog when you got back! We had a great time with you guys also. Justin said his heart hurt when we were pulling away. My heart hurts too. Love & kisses, Kelly N.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shellie, How funny!! Ok, so it wasn't funny at the time, but it's a good "family memory" :) I've always had good luck on Amtrack, though I usually only go to Seattle on it! Not sure I'd want to go that far on Amtrack, though, let me tell you... it's a MUCH better experience than an Eastern European Train or Bus (we took the bus from Latvia to Ukraine to visit Sam's family... it was traumatic without kids!! I can't imagine with as many as you guys have!!!) hey... at least your neighbors took showers this month :) tee hee hee... Anyway... Krista showed me your blog site and I just happend to check it out today... Glad Disneyland was so much fun... hopefully when our baby gets older we can take her there!! (If she'd just hurry up and GET OUT! she's two days over due today).