Friday, August 04, 2006

I Am


Evan is being a booger about nap time lately, so yesterday I was laying down with him because "he" was exhausted and needed a rest. I know, I know, two year olds don't get exhausted, but their mommies need them to take naps. So, as I am laying there with him he is driving his "car" (his little fist) along with sound effects up one arm and down the other and running over everything inbetween. I am trying to rest. I am exhausted. I say to him, "We aren't playing cars right now, Evan." Evan says in his cute, gifted, little voice, "I am." Matter of fact, plain as day. His thoughts...You may not be, mom, but I sure am. See!
So cute. So verbally developed. So genius. My son... Once he finally went to sleep he slept for 4 hours. Steve had to wake him up for dinner. The little booger. This is his "I'm not sleepy even though I've been on an Amtrak train for 24 hours, a mini van for 8 and drug around Disneyland for three days" look.

No comments: