Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Little Black Boy

Here is a little tale I wrote a few months back, but hadn't ever posted. Since I am out of material today I'll post this....

A little black boy came streaking through my house today. He was happy, laughing and showing off. I could here others laughing as he came towards me. He was in his glory. He loves the spotlight just like his big sister, Coral. Evan decided that the fireplace looked like a fun place to play this morning. Fortunately I had put off my motherhood responsibilities and not dressed the boy. Now as I sit here writing I know he is in the kitchen covered in cheerios that have been cemented on by peanut butter. I would much rather sit here and write this than venture around the corner to what awaits me, but I am being called. His new thing is to dump his bowl of food once he has "finished". That does not mean he has emptied the bowl of it's contents before he dumps it all over the floor. Joey, our dog, is his best friend. In between episodes he is the cleanest little 22 month old boy on the planet. He gets between two and four baths per day. Do you know how hard suet is to get off human skin?

No comments: