Sunday, September 24, 2006

What Little Boys Do With Crochet Hooks

I simply couldn't believe it. I heard a click and then something that sounded like metal hitting our new floor. I ran to investigate because the sound of metal hitting our new floor makes me cringe. All six of my kids were here with friends so I ask them all what the noise is. They tell me Ian is firing a crochet hook. Firing a crochet hook? How would one do that, I ask myself?Then I see. He has a gun that use to have little plastic dart things that he could shoot. He lost those or I threw them away thinking that would save me from flying things being shot around the house. But, much to my amazement, e found a crochet hook, discovered that it fit perfectly in the barrel of the gun, just like the dart, and that it fired across the house. We have obviously taught him he is never to shoot a gun at any living thing. Just trees, the play structure, etc. I remind him of this, nd he informs me he is not shooting at living things, just Joey. That is our dog...Back to the drawing board. Who would have known when my darling little girls were crocheting their first row of yarn that the very hook they used would some day be a weapon. What will they use next....

1 comment:

SnowWhite said...

lmbo, typical boys huh ,hide all sharp objects before you end up at the ER