Sunday, October 15, 2006

Stories from the Stall

I got a forward a few months back on women's experiences in public restrooms. It was hysterical, and then my mother-in-law sent me her own stall experience from her trip to Africa. I think I will ask her to share it with you. What do you think, Arlene?

Anyway, last night Steve and I went on a date, and my husband ordered me a HUGE pop. After not wanting to miss the ending of the movie I race to the bathroom only to find that many had been there before me, and it was dirty. More than the usual gross PR. After finding one that was at least flushed I proceeded to try and do the "gas station squat" as my sister and I call it. It just isn't as easy as it use to be you know! I tried to regain my standing position and my right knee locks up, and all I can do is laugh. Not hysterical or anything, but I was so amused at how many funny experiences one can have in such a confined space that I emerged with a smile on my face. Well, that is weird , you have to admit. What would you think if someone emerged from the stall with a stupid smile on their face? Don't tell me, but I looked ridiculous. Then I walk out to meet Steve, and I am still giggly. I try and explain it to him to no avail. He does not grasp the experience of women's public restrooms no matter how many times I try to explain it. For this I am actually grateful.
I then start laughing even harder thinking of my poor mother reading my next blog entry. I am sorry, mom. I just couldn't help it.
Good Luck, Ladies, with your next stall experience. Feel free to share...If you dare.

4 comments:

SnowWhite said...

sounds good arlene, lol, we call that move the hovercraft here in my house lol. Isn't it funny. I remember being in a stall with my middle daughter trying to save time and not lose her also when we were almost done and ready to flush a little marble rolled over our way and well we both bust out laughing folowed byt the dry vomit once we realised what it was.. but isn't it funny how the other person will either wait till all hae left the bathroom or run like hell lol. My kids are cruel they make noises like their leaving then stand there silently just out of sight till the woman emerges then run out giggling. they are little shockers. And whats with the phantom farting in public toilets, I just don't get it ..... now off t the toilet for me before i wet myself lol

Anonymous said...

My best experience was when a friend of ours asked if I would go and check on her three year old. I did only to find him sitting on the urinal where he had just pooped. I followed with "oh no!, don't touch anything, wait, don't touch anything, let me help you, don't touch anything, lets get you cleaned up, don't touch anything, oh Lord help, wait, don't touch anything!

Shellie said...

You should have seen Steve when he emerged from the men's room after this experience. Hysterical!

Unknown said...

Shellie you make me happy!!! Someone else in the world willing to talk about the rediculousness that life sometimes throws our way!!! I love your entries! They bring smiles to my face! Blog on sister! (I'll have to tell you my "stall stories" from Ukraine, Latvia, China and the like sometime!!)