Thursday, March 08, 2007

Igloos in the Northwest

"Mom, did you live in the north?"

"We live in the north, Ian."

"No, I mean the northwest."

"We live in the northwest."

"No, I mean in the mountains."

"Yes, I lived in the mountains. The Rocky Mountains."

"Did you live in an igloo?"

The amazing thing about kids is they hear and remember everything you say, everything you read to them, and everything they hear everyone else say. Then they put it all together into one big memory of their childhood.

For example, my older girls remember me sleeping on the couch naked. For anyone who knows me that would not happen. What really happened was I was nursing one of their siblings, and I fell into an exhausted sleep. So, I wasn't really naked, just a little exposed.

I love the words, "Mom, remember that time....?" Most of the time it makes me laugh. Most of the time.

No comments: