Thursday, March 15, 2007

We Have Poopie

A couple of days ago I was mopping the floor. I headed for the bucket to wash out my mop, and there was a half dressed little boy going potty in my mop water. ??? I wish I could remember what it was like to be two. The things you can get away with. The things people laugh at.

Yesterday I looked outside and there was the half dressed two year old again except this time there was potty on the porch. He was excited and wanted more excitement. Then he looked at me, and well, you know what comes next.

I rushed him to the potty. 30 minutes later we had poopie. We were excited. His daddy was excited. His sisters were excited. We cheered. We clapped. It was a party.

Could this mean, gulp, that I may be on my last leg of diapers? That I have graduated to the pull-up stage. I don't even want to say it out loud because it is like giving away your baby stuff. A sure way to...uh, I just can't bring myself to say the word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh..that is so sad but so sweet. and cute. that is really sad though it is saying good bye to your last two year old forever :(
you are going to help me with my two year old right ? :) love you mom

Shellie said...

Which one of you guys wrote this, and of course I will help you with your two year old SOMEDAY. Just give me a little break between mine and yours ok? Love ya. Mom

Shellie said...

Actually it was one of my girls. They just forgot their punctuation marks. It took me a few seconds to figure that out also.