Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Way To Spend A Sunday Afternoon






Five seems like a milestone to me. It is so grown up. Ian will be five in less than a month, and all of a sudden he is not a toddler anymore. He has become more independent.

Today he asked his dad to take his training wheels off. He is determined. He said you can't ever quit, so he didn't. He crashed at least a dozen times, but by the time an hour was up he had it down. He can peddle between Steve and I, turn around, and brake some of the time. The rest of the time he just runs into the curb which is great for my heart. He only ended up with one scratch on his arm. I got a peddle to the shin so I am in worse shape than he is.

He is so proud of himself. I love when he feels good about his accomplishments. He gets the biggest grin on his face and runs to hug me. His dad did all the work on this one, but I got a big grin and hug.

This is the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. (Oh, and did I mention Evan took a nap through the whole thing...priceless.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go Ian! We love you.
I still remember learning to ride my bike without training wheels, it was a very big day!
Auntie, Uncle Mike, Tori and Andrew

Anonymous said...

YAY for Ian ! Good job buddy ! Maybe you can show me today when I come over to see you.

Love,
-Krista