Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When In Doubt Spell WE

So, today was Lindsey's graduation from 8th grade. I didn't know where the school was so I called my ex and asked him to text me directions. Yes, I know how to text and how to receive text messages. Thank you for noticing how cool I am.

He texts me five minutes later the right directions bless his heart. He could have sent me to the coast. The only thing that wasn't clear was he told me to go west on 224. Um, would that be right or left. Come on! You were married to me for 11 years! I have no concept of north, south, east, and west. I am serious. When someone is giving me directions and they say turn south on Broadway, I mentally check out and ask them for their zip code.

In the event of an emergency I do have some landmarks that seem to work. For example, Salem is south and Seattle is north. So, as I am driving down the freeway towards Salem, I mentally turn myself around to face Seattle and spell WE. It worked! I arrived with 5 minutes to spare.

As I was relaying my story to the family tonight Ryan asked me which way west was from my family room. What? I don't know. They thought this was hysterical. Steve made the comment that the sun sets in the same place every night. Honestly, I don't have any idea which way the sun is setting. Why would I know that? I don't remember the last time I was sitting outside watching the sun set with my margarita. I am usually making dinner with a two year old hanging on my leg yelling for a cookie. And if I was doing that the last thing I would think to myself would be, "Oh, look the sun is setting in the west." No, I would be thinking, "Man this margarita is good and that is a beautiful sun set. Oh, my gosh where is the two year old?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least now she's using Seatle and Salem. I used to get directions from her like, remember that Taco Bell on the hill? What? Do you think you could narrow it down a little?

Love you Honey!!!

SnowWhite said...

are you blonde like me lol,
xx shona

im always here said...

omy gosh! i can not get over how cute ian and evan are! they were so little!