Friday, September 21, 2007

Your Keys Stuck Where?

You need to visualize this...Stage: Baptist Church, Worship Music, Lots of People

Back in the day when I was a single mom....

I was on the divorce diet. I looked really good thankfully. It makes the story a little less painful. My kids and I had decided to go back to the church where we had gone when we first moved to the NW. It was full of little old ladies, and I needed to be loved on. It had grown a little and there were people just below my age that I had never met. You know, the ones who have one child, nice clothes because they were smart and went to college, nice butt because they have one child, nice hair that is not colored from a box found in the clearance isle, and their nails are done. She was sitting behind me with her husband who apparently went to the gym everyday.

I had walked in a little late and everyone was standing. I threw my keys down on the chair and finished the song. Announcement time: I sat down. Announcements over: I stood up. I started singing. I noticed nothing. I felt nothing. Then I heard my keys drop. Where did they drop from you ask? I was asking myself the same question. I looked back to find some obvious answer. There wasn't one. When I had sat down my keys must have stuck in my butt. Yes, you heard me right. It took a few minutes for gravity to jar them loose. That is when I heard the jingle.

In truth, I am glad I was the ones with the keys in my butt. If I had been the people sitting behind me I would have never recovered. I would still be laughing.

OK, share some love. Leave me acomment. I feel vulnerable. :-)

5 comments:

Arlene said...

Ooh, ooh, my memory just kicked in. I've got one.

George and I were in a rush to get somewhere. I had to run into a store for something. I made my purchase, ran out and jumped into the car. There was a long silence, and when I looked at George, it wasn't him. Some stranger grinned at me and said, "Where to, lady?"

It looked just like our car.

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny. Thanks for sharing Shellie. I think Coral needs to share her most embarrassing moment with us too, since this all started with her homework assignment.

-Krista

Unknown said...

OH.
MY.
GOSH!
That is SO funny!!!
Shellie, I swear...your stories kill me!
Thank goodness you have this blog and I can get a good laugh any old time in Florida when we don't see you every week.
I love ya!!!

Adrienne

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Soooo funny! I bet though that they just snagged on your fabric, and I doubt the people behind you even saw it (and if they did, they should have been focused elsewhere!!) tee hee hee... thanks for sharing... Still waiting for you to write a book!

Anonymous said...

wow mom i have never heard that story that is funny. but i dont know what i would have done. i woulda been so imberrised.
what is corals story?

tiffani