Saturday, October 20, 2007

Leave it to Disney to teach them the ways of the world....

Scene: Amanda, Ian, and Evan wrestling, laughing, having a great time. Steve yelling at the dog for eating Evan's dinner. Me texting my girls, two of which are at homecoming looking way to pretty for my comfort level. We are all in our own little world.

Jackass

A bit of a shock, huh? Ian called Amanda a jackass. Plain as day. I didn't get it at first. I was dazed by it or maybe use to hearing profanity at the drop of a dime.

All of us laughed way too hard, then asked him where he had heard it. We blamed it on the neighbor's kids.

Guess where he said he heard it? Pinocchio. Funny thing is, I can't argue with that. It is true. Why do they say that in that movie?

As Steve was trying to correct Ian, he told him the only time he is allowed to say that is if he is on a donkey farm. I remember having to read that word aloud in Sunday school. Yikes!

Well, I am off to settle my big ass in a chair and watch a movie with my husband. If Disney can say it, I guess I can too.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Back in the olden days when I was little, we had Saturday matinees that offered live entertainment before the feature film and cartoon. One Saturday they had all us kids singing "Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here." I heard it as "Hell, Hell, The Gang's All Here."

I was so smug, thinking I was saying a naughty word and getting away with it.