Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fairy Dust...

Today I made turkeys with the boys in the shape of their hands. Very cute. Lots of color. At the very end, as I was digging through the craft supply box which consists of everything one might need to make crafts with their kids if they had more time, I found glitter. I debated. My experience with glitter is not the best. When my girls were little and the tooth fairy would come, she would leave "fairy dust" on the windowsill. Just a little. The tooth fairy was very creative in those days. One day they found the "fairy dust" and dusted the whole room with it. It was a Costco size container of glitter. Glitter does not come out of carpet or hair with ease. Since that day I have had a strong dislike for glitter. Why was it still here? I guess I thought someday I would be a crafty mom again. Today I was.

The turkeys are sitting on glittery green grass, and the boys will not be deprived of the use of glitter. I have proof.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Be verrry careful where you store that glitter. Instead of daintily sprinkling it throughout the room, those guys might load it into a pop gun and blast it into the walls. They are creative, aren't they?

Can't wait to see the paper turkeys.

Anonymous said...

The only thing worse is glitter putty which sweet little Andrew decided to put on his head like a hat today. It took me 1/2 hour to pick it out and it is still there. Hopefully the bath will take care of the rest. While I am picking it out of his hair, Tori is giving him a lecture about not being able to play with this again until he is 4 or 5 so he is "old enough to know better"