Friday, February 08, 2008

A 3-year-old's Options

Scene 1

"Mommy, I'm hungy."

"You're hungry? Do you want an egg?"

"You need to give me 2 options."

"I need to give you 2 options?"

My thoughts...
You are only 3. Why are you saying words like option? Oh ya, because everyday I tell you that you have 2 options. An apple or a banana. A string cheese or a yogurt. No, you may not have a cookie and a sucker.

Scene 2... a couple of days later...

Tongue completely sticking out as far and as wide as it can possible be. Tongue making contact with the side of the car which is covered with rain, and who knows what else.

"What are you doing? Don't lick the car. It is dirty."

Licks again.

"Evan, don't lick the car."

"I am cleaning it."

Lick....

Uhhhh. I have to say, I really don't think I have ever been tempted to lick a car. Maybe, but I don't think so.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Reminds me of this old adage:

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and everything nice.

What are little boys made of?
Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.

Seems to be true, doesn't it?