Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What decides your vote?

You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139: 13-14



There are things we risk and things we gain with the simple act of voting. Some issues are more important than others. I believe our vote defines our values. I will never see it any other way. People say you can't cast your vote on one issue, but I say I can. Of course I tend to agree with the person I vote for on many subjects, but there is one issue that I will NEVER waver on. NEVER. I would rather loose every material possession I have than stand before my God someday and have to explain why I didn't defend the helpless. I will not do that. I will do my best to defend the helpless. The deciding factor for me is life. All life. I am not God. I will not use my vote to help someone determine the fate of another living person who's soul was bought with a price.

We have to be very careful. Very careful. We have no choice but to vote. There is way to much at risk. To not vote is to say that either option is alright. To throw our vote to the wind thinking we will make a statement by voting for someone who has no hope of winning is slitting the throat of a child's right to live. I wish we had more options, but we don't. I wish my party still stood firm on issues that it doesn't, but I believe our choices are far better now than they were a few months ago. We have someone running for Vice President that obviously holds our standards high. She obviously believes in life or her son would not exist or her daughter's child. I don't think I am being wishy washy or playing both sides of the fence on this issue by thinking we have to vote for one of the top runners. Maybe I have given up hope that my vote even counts, but until I know otherwise, I will cast my vote for the one that I believe gives an unborn child's life consideration, or for that matter, a child's life who has already been born consideration. I will not vote for the one who thinks it is alright to let a baby die that is already born just because his or her parent's are inconvenienced by them. That makes me want to throw up.

I found this article worth reading.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=264844

I never knew I was so political, but it is MY blog so I can process things here if I want to. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister !!!! I agree 100% and am voting exactly the same way. I think Sarah Palin rocks and I hope to be like her when I grow up. All of a sudden I find myself wanting to move to Alaska. Thank you Shellie for being straight forward and saying it like it is.

Love always,
-Krista