Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Wedding Curse

The biggest challenge I have faced through this whole wedding thing is my dress. It seems to be my curse. I dreaded it worse than anything that I had to do. So, I finally did it, and it has continued to be a problem since then. Ug! I found a beautiful dress. I placed the order. They forgot to order it. I placed the order again. They lost my phone number. I called them, set an appointment, and went in to try on the dress. It was so pretty, but it would have fit Steve lengthwise. Length, not width. Just wanted to make sure you understood that. Anyway, the alteration lady came in and had no time for me and said it couldn't be done. So, I left frustrated to say the least. They called me back because they went to the big-dog alteration lady, and she said she could do it. They altered it. I brought it home and hung it in my closet until two nights ago when I took it to my friends to borrow some jewelry to match it. I took it out of the bag and the beading is coming loose. I am going to take it back and get my money. Then I am going to have to start over, which I can't believe. How can this happen. I need a miracle. Seriously. I feel frozen over it. I wish I had one of those friends that would come over to my house and pull my panicked rear end off the chair and drag me out the door. But life isn't a movie, and so I will proceed. I hope.

No comments: