Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cheap Therapy

Ah, today it is around 90 degrees, and I am lovin' it even though we have no air conditioner in our car or in our house. It is hot, but it is summer and summer brings out the happy hormones in me. Today I am doing laundry, and it is so therapeutic. This is why...
You have to admit. This is a darn cute site. I have been hanging my laundry on the "line," which consists of some string hanging around my backyard. My dryer makes this piercing sound that makes me feel like knives are being methodically drilled into my brain, so I use it as little as possible. Steve tried to fix it, but he needs to try again. I'm just saying.
Anyway, while I was hanging my sons' cute little undies on the line (actually Amanda's are out there too, but it is my goal to continue to live, so I won't post those), I was picking peas from my pea plants, located under the socks. The peas are right next to the raspberries we have been competing for over the past month. And, if you look very closely you will see pumpkins and gourds. Last fall we smashed them out there to see if they would grow. Impressed yet. Well, I am. It is my little accomplishment in my chaotic life of wedding planning.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it! I am so glad you found enjoyment on this beautiful day! It makes me happy to think about my dear friends being happy!

Anonymous said...

When George and I first vacationed here in the Poconos, I would hand wash our clothes and hang them to dry. His elderly Aunt Gertrude would quietly rearranging our underwear to the inside of the clothes tree and surrounding it with blouses and towels.

Arlene