Thursday, July 22, 2010

Home

I love being home. I love letting me kids be kids. The world is spinning so fast around me, and sometimes, a lot of the time actually, I just want to live IN my life, not isolate by any means, but actually enjoy THIS one life I have. The life Steve and I have built together. I love our home. I love what we have created both in the things we can see and touch, but also in the things that we FEEL. I love when Evan laughs so hard at Ian that he can't breath and then bursts forth with the biggest breath while still laughing. I love when my house is clean and organized. It brings comfort to my heart to create a place for us to make our memories, a place where there is warmth when we walk in. I love Sundays when my all my kids show up and my house is full. I love watching them interact with each other, even when they are not as pleased with each other as they could be. I love being a part of THIS particular family in THIS particular place in this huge world. I love that I was designed for such a time as THIS.

I have to create time for the simple things. I have said to myself and to those around me a million times, if this ship sinks, none of the other stuff will matter. I have to keep this intact. I have to keep this healthy. I have to invest in my simple life in this amazing place God has blessed us with. If I don't, things could come crashing down around me and all the other things I do will not matter at all.

It is such a process...life. Trying to find balance. Trying to figure out what it is suppose to look like. And, I would guess that it doesn't become crystal clear until you leave this place to begin eternity. I pray for as much clarity as I can have in an imperfect world. I don't want to miss this. I need wisdom beyond my years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I loved this SHellie. Once again, you said what I was thinking. I really love the way you think and see the world. I love your wisdom (that you already do have :)). I love your joy. I love your simplicity. You are such an amazing woman!

Mumsey said...

I totally agree with you .
Its the cliché but true, "Home is where the heart is"