Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Spinning

I won't even try to put into words what is happening in our lives right now. Busy is one of the ones I can think of, but it doesn't even begin to describe what is in my heart. Whatever emotion it is, it leaves me shaking my head. It causes me to close my eyes and marvel. I am blessed beyond measure.

On an adorable note, I have an Evan story to write down. We were at Amanda's soccer game today. One of Amanda's teammate's baby brother who is a few months younger than Finny was there. Evan looked around after playing with him forever and said, "Well at least there is a baby to play with here!" Everything Evan says is with emphasis and excitement. Then he walked to the top of the bleachers and made a friend. He came down after me watching them be simply adorable together, and he got right in my face and said, "He asked me to be his friend! I didn't even have to ask him because he asked me first!" I asked him what his name was, and he said he didn't know because he forgot to ask him. Hmmm...Those green eyes kill me EVERY time....every time.

I have always been amazed that if you are a child and you see someone the same size as you, you don't even have to know their name and you can be instant friends. Wouldn't life be sweeter if we could make more friends just because someone happened to be where we are?

I am reminded daily how when a woman becomes a mother how her heart instantly shreds and becomes vulnerable, indescribably vulnerable. Amanda said she doesn't think I watch her games because I can't tell her everything that happened, but I told her it is because I am too busy watching her...not the game. If she doesn't have the ball, I am usually watching her do something amazing that no one else might notice. But, I am her mommy, and so I will get teary every time.

Ian played his first football game....I knew it was coming despite my fear, but it is what it is. I just have to believe that all those pads are going to do their job. I have to say, I think Ian in his football uniform ranks up there with little baby toes. Seriously kills me. I want to maul him, but when I tell him that, he tells me his dad would never let me do that. So, I told him I would just weep in the stands. That makes him laugh. It is interesting though how the simple little things are such big moments. When he takes his stance and his little feet shift, I think I am going to die because he is so cute. Again, I have no idea what is happening in the game, because my eyes are on him. Steve has to tell me when they are actually running for a touchdown.

A little picture of my life I long to remember.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

So precious. I choke up reading this blog, because I'm a mommy, too. You will always feel this way, no matter how big or how old they get.